Rapids Lineup Version 1.0


I posted the list of players invited to camp yesterday. Here's how I see things shaking out, at the end of training camp. This is a little bit of what I'd like to see, and also what I think will happen mixed together. You get to keep 20 senior team players and 4 developmental contract players, noted with a DV.

-------------------------Casey-----------------Cummings---------------------

----------------------------------Gomez/Ballouchy----------------------------

-------Clark--------------------------------------------------------Cooke------

----------------------LaBrocca--------------Mastoeni-------------------------

--------Harvey------------------Gibbs----------------------Ihemelu----------

-----------------------------------Pickens----------------------------------------


Jordan Seabrook (FWD) DV
Kwame Adjeman-Pamboe (FWD) DV
*Mehdi Ballouchy (MID)
Nico Colaluca (MID)
Greg Dalby (MID)
John DiRaimondo (MID)
Ciaran O’Brien (MID)
Jacob Peterson (MID)
Ty Harden (DEF)
Stephen Keel (DEF)
Kosuke Kimura (DEF)
Henry Kalungi (DEF) DV
Preston Burpo (GK)
Steward Ceus (GK) DV

John DiRaimondo (MID)

I would run a 3-5-2. Nick LaBrocca and Pablo Mastroeni cover enough ground and are stout enough at defenders to help the back three. If you wanted to start 4 in the back, I'd take out LaBrocca and bring in Kosuke Kimura on the right side.

I have Gomez or Ballouchy as the attacking mid, if the Rapids keep Gomez, I think he'll start and John DiRaimondo is gone. If they get rid of Gomez somehow, I think Ballouchy starts and DiRaimondo makes the team.

There isn't a lot of forward depth, with two rookies as the only back ups to Conor Casey and Omar Cummings, I definitely see the Rapids bringing in someone with MLS experience to back those two up. But with what is in camp now, I'd say the two rookies make it, with Jacob Peterson able to play the forward position too. This is a make or break year for Peterson.

As for 'keepers, Matt Pickens gets the start with Preston Burpo backing him up. I say they keep the rookie Steward Ceus and part ways with Justin Hughes. The only way I see them keeping Hughes is if he is on a developmental contract also. But if he is, he'll be battling for a roster spot with the rookie.

What do you think of my line up? Do you think that's good enough to make the playoffs? What would you change? Feel free to tell me what you think in the comments section.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Soccer's Logo

2/3rd Season Grades

On The Merger