USA Soccer's Logo



There's been an interesting discussion going on over on The Shin Guardian regarding the USA's soccer logo. The one now is bad, real bad. I've been talking about that for a while now with friends. The colors are wrong. The use of "US" instead of "USA" is wrong. The clipart looking soccer ball is wrong. It's just bad.

So, I decided to come up with some alternative ideas and using my limited graphics knowledge, put some of them together. So here it goes.


Version 1:




I made minor changes to this, using the correct colors and the correct nomenclature and eliminating the soccer ball. I like it, kinda plain though.

Version 2:



This version is based on Nike's Don't Tread campaign badge. It has a snake on it which I don't like so I took it off. I also corrected the colors and added "USA Soccer" to it.


Version 3:



For this I was looking at other USA symbols and came across this and loved it. I added the badge to it and gave it more of the heraldic look.


Version 4:



I like version 2 but its kind of plain, so I added an eagle to it and love the way it turned out. This is my favorite of all of them.

What do you think? Which do you like better? Do you have any suggestions or ideas for a different style? Let me know, Thanks.

(By The Way; I'm changing the labels for post pertaining to the USA Soccer team from "USMNT" to "USAMNT". I was duped into using that moniker when I first started things, but we really need to start calling our squad the USA Men's National team. And on this blog, we will champion the cause)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like the second one but add the eagle to it like in the last one so put the second and the last one together and that would look great
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the comment. I'm going to have to try that. That might look really cool actually.

Thanks for reading!

Popular posts from this blog

On The Merger

Rapids 2009 Jerseys