If I were to start a new team...

I was asking myself in the shower, "If I were to make a team, picking one, and only one, player from each MLS club..who would I take and how would my team look?"

I know, I know, I really gotta start daydreaming about other, more normal, stuff...like winning the lottery.

So, here's my picks from each team and how my team would shape up.


Chicago Fire - Patrick Nyarko (F/W)
C.D. Chivas USA - Jonathan Bornstein (D)
Colorado Rapids - Conor Casey (F)
Columbus Crew - Andy Iro (D)
D.C. United - Andy Najar (W)
FC Dallas - David Ferreira (MF)
Houston Dynamo - Geoff Cameron (D/M)
Kansas City Wizards - Ryan Smith (W/MF)
Los Angeles Galaxy - Landon Donovan (M/F)
New England Revolution - Marko Perović (MF)
New York Red Bulls – Thierry Henry (F)
Philadelphia Union - Jordan Harvey (D)
Real Salt Lake - Kyle Beckerman (MF)
San Jose Earthquakes - Ike Opara (D)
Seattle Sounders FC - Kasey Keller (G)
Toronto FC - Stefan Frei (G)


-----------Casey------Henry---------
---------------Donovan---------------
Najar----------------------------Smith
--------------Beckerman--------------
Bornstein-------------------Cameron
-------------Iro-------Opara----------
----------------Keller-----------------

Bench:
Frei
Nyarko
Perović
Harvey
Ferreira


I thought about using only non-dp players, but thought about it some more and figured, they are on the rosters, why not? So, what do you think of my team? Tell me how this club wouldn't win MLS Cup.

Comments

Benjamin said…
I got one team better, and I'm not going to limit myself to one player per team, but I am NOT going to pick any DP's. Ready?

KC Wizards: Ryan Smith, Kei Kamara, Teal Bunbury
RBNY: Mehdi Ballouchy, Tim Ream, Bouna Coundoul
Seattle: Sanna Nyassi, Freddy Montero
Rapids: Marvell Wynne, Drew Moor, Omar Cummings
RSL: Kyle Beckerman, Javier Morales
FC Dallas: Brek Shea, Kevin Hartman, Heath Pierce
LA Galaxy: Omar Gonzalez
San Jose: Ike Opara
DC United: Andy Najar

Formation like this:

--Nyassi---Montero---Cummings---

Morales-------------------Kamara
----------Beckerman--------

Shea---Moor---Gonzales---Wynne

----------Hartman-------

Popular posts from this blog

USA Soccer's Logo

2/3rd Season Grades

On The Merger